Gates open at 11am Friday.
The music will kick off at 12pm on Friday and finish at 7pm at sunset on Sunday.
If you want to stay over on Sunday night you are welcome until 11am Monday, after which you will have to skedaddle.
Open – 11am to 1am.
Open 8am – 12am midnight.
Open 8am to 12pm. noon
Ruitersvlei Wine Estate
Suid Agtes Paarl Rd, South Paarl, Paarl, 7647
Take Buitengracht St/M62 to Nelson Mandela Blvd/N1/N2 (6 min // 1.5 km)
Follow N1 to R44. Take exit 47 from N1 (30 min // 45.8 km)
Continue on R44 to your destination (7 min // 7.4 km)
Destination: Ruitersvlei Wine Estate
Address: Suid-Agter-Paarl Rd, Suider, Paarl, 7647
Follow the signs.
General Camping | Camper Vans | Car Camping | Glamping and Packages
The Howler Cashless System
The entire festival will be run on the Howler cashless system. You can load money onto your wristband in advance online or at multiple spots at the festival.
If you have money left over on your wristband you can have it refunded by going to howler.co.za
What to bring
Biodegradable sunscreen. (We will also give this away for free at the festival so if you don’t have any don’t worry.)
Shade for your camping set up. Swimming gear. Floaty toys. Costumes for the various themes!
You can bring your own booze to Bazique but there are two key restrictions:
- No glass bottles – PLEASE respect this – there will be searches for any glass before you enter the arena.
- Personal alcohol can only be consumed in the campsites due to new SA licensing laws. You won’t be able to bring alcoholic drinks or cooler boxes out of the camping areas.
What not to bring
Bazique is a collective of people – we are all in it together – and as much as we want you to have a good time with as few restrictions as possible, there are certain things that we cannot allow due to safety and legal reasons and there will be searches to enforce this. Please don’t bring any of the following!
Glass bottles. Cookers of any description. Braais. Flares. Fireworks. Illegal drugs. Dogs or any other animals. Non-biodegradable sunscreen. Drones.
Bazique is a NO UNDER 20’s event and this will be enforced at the gate. If you look younger than 23, please bring your ID to make your entry to the event nice and easy.
Are there day tickets?
No, there are weekend passes only. Bazique is an immersive 3 day experience – come and enjoy it! If you don’t have camping gear, there is a super cheap option for you to camp at Ready Set Camp for 2 people for R650, as well as several other Glamping options.
Otherwise, you could buy a weekend pass and then just come in and out each day as you please, there are also lots of reasonably priced guest houses close by.
What can I bring?
- Please see the sections above here as to what we recommend you do bring and what not to bring.
What’s the weather like there in March?
- Pretty much guaranteed sunshine all day with warm evenings and almost no chance of rain. Average temperature is around 26 degrees daytime and 15 degrees nighttime. It can get a lot hotter in the days, up to 32 degrees, so be prepared.
Why do I need to bring biodegradeable sunscreen?
- So we don’t leave a greasy film on the lake from people swimming. But if you don’t have any, don’t worry, we will give it away for free at the event.
Who is playing and when?
- We will release the full line up with set times in due course.
Is there any room on the lineup?
- No, the line up is completed already
Is there free drinking water?
- Yes , plenty – please bring your bottles to fill up at our watering holes. There will be only be large 1.5L water bottles for sale at Bazique, to try to cut down the amount of plastic we use.
What time do we have to leave?
- The music finishes at sunset on Sunday and you will have to leave the campsite and venue.
For directions to the site and map see here
If you have any questions contact us