Gates open at 11am Friday.
The music will kick off at 12pm on Friday and finish at 7pm at sunset on Sunday.
If you want to stay over on Sunday night you are welcome until 11am Monday, after which you will have to skedaddle.
The Venue is the Elgin Grabouw Country Club which is a one hour drive from Cape Town and 45 mins from Cape Town International Airport.
Take the N2 from Cape Town, pass through Somerset West and head over Sir Lowry’s Pass. At the Peregrine Farmstall turn LEFT towards Grabouw. At the stop sign turn RIGHT and follow the signs to the event.
If you have shopping to do, Grabouw has got food markets and liquor stores But PLEASE remember no glass bottles, braais or gas cookers are allowed on site.
General Camping | Camper Vans | Car Camping | Glamping
The Howler Cashless System
The entire festival will be run on the Howler cashless system which is brilliant in many ways. You can load money onto your wristband online or at multiple spots at the festival. If you have money left over on your wristband you can have it refunded by going to howler.co.za
What to bring
Biodegradable sunscreen. (We will also give this away for free at the festival so if you don’t have any don’t worry.)
Shade for your camping set up. Swimming gear. Floaty toys. Costumes for the various themes! (see Costumery and You )
You can bring your own booze to Bazique but there are two key restrictions:
- No glass bottles – PLEASE respect this – there will be searches for any glass before you enter the arena.
- Personal alcohol can only be consumed in the campsites due to new SA licensing laws. You won’t be able to bring alcoholic drinks or cooler boxes out of the camping areas.
What not to bring
Bazique is a collective of people – we are all in it together – and in as much as we want you to have a good time with as few restrictions as possible, there are certain things that we cannot allow due to safety and legal reasons and there will be searches to enforce this. Please don’t bring any of the following!
Glass bottles. Cookers of any description. Braais. Flares. Fireworks. Illegal drugs. Dogs or any other animals. Non-biodegradable sunscreen. Drones.
Bazique is a NO UNDER 20’s event and this will be enforced at the gate. If you look younger than 23, please bring your ID to make your entry to the event nice an easy.
Can I Trade At Bazique ?
APPLICATIONS FOR TRADING ARE NOW CLOSED
Are there day tickets?
No, there are weekend passes only. Bazique is an immersive 3 day experience – come and enjoy it! If you don’t have camping gear, there is a super cheap option for you to camp at Ready Set Camp for 2 people for R850 as well as several other Glamping options. Otherwise, you could buy a weekend pass and then just come in and out each day as you please – we have got a special deal on with UBER for reduced fares to and from the festival and its only 1 hour from Cape Town. There are also lots of reasonably priced guest houses close by.
Can I bring…?
- Please see the sections above here as to what we recommend you do bring and what we ask you don’t.
What’s the weather like there in March?
- Pretty much guaranteed sunshine all day with warm evenings and almost no chance of rain. Average temperature is around 26 degrees daytime and 15 degrees nighttime. It can get a lot hotter in the days, up to 32 degrees, so be prepared.
Why do I need to bring biodegradeable sunscreen?
- So we don’t leave a greasy film on the lake from people swimming. But if you don’t have any, don’t worry, we will give it away for free at the event.
Who is playing and when?
- We will release the full line up with set times in due course. For now, just know there are 7 international DJs, 1 international headline band, 40 SA DJs, 10 SA bands and 20 actors!
Is there any room on the lineup?
- No, not this year, it’s all booked.
Can I trade at Bazique?
- Yes. Please direct your enquiries to Marli De Florença: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Are there Buses to Bazique?
- Yes and they are super cheap, R130 return, leaving from Cape Town on Friday and returning Sunday. For more info see here.
Is there free drinking water?
- Yes – plenty – please bring your bottles to fill. There will be only be large 1.5L water bottles for sale at Bazique, to try to cut down the amount of plastic we use.
What time do we have to leave?
- The music finishes at sunset on Sunday, but you can stay over Sunday evening if you wish, but you will have to leave the campsite by 11am Monday morning.
For directions to the site and map see here
The Bazique Bus
The Bazique Bus is a 20 seater shuttle that leaves from Sea Point Library, then does a pick up in Observatory at Hartleyvale, on Friday morning and returns on Sunday evening. The coach will take you all the way to the festival front gate.
As part of our commitment to the environment and to make Bazique as accessible as possible, we have made these buses as cheap as we can. You will need to be at your chosen departure point 30 mins before the bus leaves to allow time to process your ticket and load your luggage.
Tickets are available to buy here.
Departing for site:
If your pick up point is the Sea Point Library you need to be there at 10:00 and leave at 10:30.
If your pick up point is the parking lot of the Hartleyvale Stadium on Liesbeek Parkway we will 10:45 and the bus will leave at 11:15.
Look out for a mini bus and trailer with Bluebird insignia. You will need to produce your Bazique Bus ticket and your Bazique ticket for verification.
You will receive a blue wristband which you need to keep on for the weekend as this will be used to check you in on your return trip.
Departing for town:
We will leave from the Bazique site on Sunday at 7pm, please be there at 6:30. Please ensure you are on time as we will not be able to wait for you.
If you have any questions contact us